Hello From Connecticut

trafficman337

Jun 25, 2024
Hello,
I am a potential Dark Horse owner and am not new to the Mustang Arena. I have owned 19 of them and currently and will always own my 2021 Shelby GT500. I am wondering if I should try and find a 2024 DH on a lot somewhere, or just wait to order a 2025. Speaking of, does anyone know if there is going to be a 2025?

I will be interested to see the replies to this question. I ordered a DH in March 2023 and still have not been given a production date, let alone been given any communication from Ford. If you look at some of the communications in this Forum, you will see I am not alone. There are many DH's out there at dealerships if you look hard enough. MANY are priced a few thousand to as much as $12K over MSRP.

trafficman337, I just noticed your post. I've been off for sometime. BTW, I grew up in Middletown, CT. Went to local schools there and then went to Trinity in Hartford. I've been in Virginia (VA Beach) since '77, retired military. I have had numerous Stangs, Camaros, and Vettes simply as "fun" weekend cars and I have loved everyone of them. Last Setember I went to my local Ford Dealership and was able to secure their last and sixth allocation for the Dark Horse. Every week I would contact them for updates and they said though it was considered "clean, but unscheduled for production." After nearly nine months of the this "runaround,"I was finally informed several weeks ago that my Dark Horse was not going to be produced. Ford told my dealership that in fact they would only deliver three of the allotted six DH's (limited resources for the DH). I only saw two arrive at their dealership (one they ordered, and the other was a customer order...who I discoverd just turned it in recently after putting 4K miles on it ...delivered to him in November of last year.). Well, since I knew that I might not be getting the DH (had that feeling) I had already been eyeing a new '24 C8 Vette to replace my current aging '01 C5. And so, that's what I did,... back in the first week of this month I purchased a '24 Vette for a little more than what I was going to buy the Dark Horse. I believe that Ford made the mistake of sending too many of their limited DH's to foreign countries and not taking care of their "domestic" orders first. Again, that's my opinion. You will find a good number of unsold DH's throughout the US, however, a lot of dealers are trying to make a susbstantial profit on them. Now, the GTs are at bargain prices, the dealers can't move them (taking $4-5K off GT prices in lots of places). Check online. Me, I wanted a non-HP DH with auto in Carbonized Gray...well, that didn't happen. So, good luck in your quest for the DH. Do note that with the announcement of the '25 Shelby GT500, it appears that the DH will now be overshadowed by it. DH should have had more than 500HP and a lot more torque than the GT...but I guess Ford wanted more of track focused car. It is what it is. I would have preferred to hear the thundering hooves of the DH, but that didn't happen for me.

trafficman337, I just noticed your post. I've been off for sometime. BTW, I grew up in Middletown, CT. Went to local schools there and then went to Trinity in Hartford. I've been in Virginia (VA Beach) since '77, retired military. I have had numerous Stangs, Camaros, and Vettes simply as "fun" weekend cars and I have loved everyone of them. Last Setember I went to my local Ford Dealership and was able to secure their last and sixth allocation for the Dark Horse. Every week I would contact them for updates and they said though it was considered "clean, but unscheduled for production." After nearly nine months of the this "runaround,"I was finally informed several weeks ago that my Dark Horse was not going to be produced. Ford told my dealership that in fact they would only deliver three of the allotted six DH's (limited resources for the DH). I only saw two arrive at their dealership (one they ordered, and the other was a customer order...who I discoverd just turned it in recently after putting 4K miles on it ...delivered to him in November of last year.). Well, since I knew that I might not be getting the DH (had that feeling) I had already been eyeing a new '24 C8 Vette to replace my current aging '01 C5. And so, that's what I did,... back in the first week of this month I purchased a '24 Vette for a little more than what I was going to buy the Dark Horse. I believe that Ford made the mistake of sending too many of their limited DH's to foreign countries and not taking care of their "domestic" orders first. Again, that's my opinion. You will find a good number of unsold DH's throughout the US, however, a lot of dealers are trying to make a susbstantial profit on them. Now, the GTs are at bargain prices, the dealers can't move them (taking $4-5K off GT prices in lots of places). Check online. Me, I wanted a non-HP DH with auto in Carbonized Gray...well, that didn't happen. So, good luck in your quest for the DH. Do note that with the announcement of the '25 Shelby GT500, it appears that the DH will now be overshadowed by it. DH should have had more than 500HP and a lot more torque than the GT...but I guess Ford wanted more of track focused car. It is what it is. I would have preferred to hear the thundering hooves of the DH, but that didn't happen for me.
Hello! Middletown, CT and I have some history. I started my Police Career as an officer there and moved on to another town in 1996. I have been there since. Well, I found a Carbonized Gray DH with the Handling Package and many bells and whistles and take delivery on it tomorrow. The car is beautiful and can't wait to see what it is all about. Good luck with the new Vette!

Enjoy your ride! That is the best color, in my opinion. You’ll love it!

Back