Trim/Tool

trafficman337

Jun 25, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I need some help with two items of interest, as I took delivery of my 2024 DH today.

1. In the trunk I found a tool of some sort, looks like a socket type end, black and heavy metal. Possibly a tool to adjust suspension as I purchased a car with the Track Pack. It was just in the trunk, unassuming and back there with no explanation.
2. This one is a bit more challenging. The trim that abuts against the sill plate on the drivers door is very loose. Almost like there is a pin or grommet missing. This could be the driver of the truck pushed off on the sill plate to get out of the car and busted something out? The car has Recaro Seats.

Any help would be awesome .

Thanks!!

Hello Everyone,

I need some help with two items of interest, as I took delivery of my 2024 DH today.

1. In the trunk I found a tool of some sort, looks like a socket type end, black and heavy metal. Possibly a tool to adjust suspension as I purchased a car with the Track Pack. It was just in the trunk, unassuming and back there with no explanation.
2. This one is a bit more challenging. The trim that abuts against the sill plate on the drivers door is very loose. Almost like there is a pin or grommet missing. This could be the driver of the truck pushed off on the sill plate to get out of the car and busted something out? The car has Recaro Seats.

Thanks!!
no clue on either, congrats on taking delivery, post a photo of the tool thing.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!!
That piece in the trunk... could it be the tow hook needed for if the car needs to be towed? It mounts in the front lower grill somewhere.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!!
The black tool with threads on one end and a loop on the other is the tow hook, a small square on the front bumper in behind you will find the female end for the hook.

As for the trim piece it's hard to say if one of the clips is broken until you remove it. Have you tried pushing it back on? If i were you id take it back to the stealership and have them remove and fix. especially if you took delivery of it that way.

Congratulations on your purchase! I think @347Stang is most likely right on the tow hook... you could post a picture to be sure though!

Speaking of the tow hook, does the cover pop off from the outside or is that something I have to get to from behind the fascia?

Speaking of the tow hook, does the cover pop off from the outside or is that something I have to get to from behind the fascia?
Can you get a close up picture of it? I haven't seen one in person yet but on my Gallardo there was a small square indention you could use to put your thumb into to pop it up with.

Back