Is that a Cobra? Is that a Shelby? Give your opinion on the DH name

BSpankinAz

Verified Order/Owner
Oct 25, 2022
So when I first bought the DH the person driving the transport picked up another driver along the route. That new driver had not yet seen the car. When they unloaded it the new guy looked at me and said, "Shelby?"

Today at the gas station a guy asked, "Is that a Cobra?." And he had a 2019 GT! He had never heard of the Dark Horse.

I just can't say enough how much I love the look, drive, and feel of these cars. I feel so in the minority because I didn't like the GT350R nor the C8. Now, when I say I didn't like, that means I didn't like them enough to purchase. Both are good looking cars and awesome but you know there is a difference between admiring and putting money down to purchase.

I really wish I could see other DH colors in person. I have only ever seen a Black one in person and mine is Blue Ember. I would have to say after going to the DH Track Attack I feel so comfortable in the car. After pushing the DH to my limits at the track attack I trust myself so much more on the street. I don't do anything near as intense on the street as I did on the track. But I am talking about the exit ramps with a curve that we all have memorized somewhere, or just that stretch of road we all know and have memorized. The 270 degree ramps where the speed limit is 25MPH and you can comfortably push 40 to 50MPH. Since doing the track attack and understanding how the car handles at the limit, it just makes the drive so much more enjoyable. I am an average driver at best. I have been on a track 3 times so I am no expert. I mainly take my DH on mountain/canyon drives. That's why I bought it.

People love these cars out in the wild. Who knows if the DH name will become as well known as Shelby or Cobra. I don't really think so but time will tell. But that may make it that much more special especially if this is the last NA V8. What do you think, will the DH ever be as well known as Shelby or Cobra?

No, probably not.

I bought my DH because as tempting as it was I couldn’t see spending $70K on a restored 1970 Mach I without any warranty.

I’ve owned several GT350s and consider the DH with a manual transmission comparable to them. I’ve got a considerable amount of track time over the years at many different tracks and the DH fits that mold.

My hope is that it will remain a limited production vehicle and hold its value like Shelby’s do.

I tend to agree it won't be as popular. But in a way I think that makes them more elusive. I am not really into the exclusivity thing at all but it's nice to have if it's there. I bought the car for what it is, not for resale, exclusivity, badge or anything else. The styling might prove to boost the car's name in the coming years.

I tend to agree it won't be as popular. But in a way I think that makes them more elusive. I am not really into the exclusivity thing at all but it's nice to have if it's there. I bought the car for what it is, not for resale, exclusivity, badge or anything else. The styling might prove to boost the car's name in the coming years.
Yes, got ours to be a daily driver, groceries etc... Love the car and that awesome Blue Ember.

Back