Handling pack no longer offered for 2025

KenC

Sep 26, 2024
Hi all,

I was just told that the handling package will no longer be offered for the 2025 Dark Horse.

I ordered a 2025 Model with the Handling Package. The day after I completed the build and put down the deposit, I was told through email that "Ford is no longer offering the Dark Horse Handling Package for 2025. They are having commodity issues." Instead, the sales manager wanted to put me through with a GT Performance Package...

Not sure how I feel about that... Just want to ask y'all's opinions if it's true or just the dealership trying to send an order quickly and if there's anything I can do.

Hi all,

I was just told that the handling package will no longer be offered for the 2025 Dark Horse.

I ordered a 2025 Model with the Handling Package. The day after I completed the build and put down the deposit, I was told through email that "Ford is no longer offering the Dark Horse Handling Package for 2025. They are having commodity issues." Instead, the sales manager wanted to put me through with a GT Performance Package...

Not sure how I feel about that... Just want to ask y'all's opinions if it's true or just the dealership trying to send an order quickly and if there's anything I can do.
The 2024 Handling Packs on Autotrader seem way more expensive now. To me that is one piece of evidence they may not be available for 2025. I don't understand why they are having so many issues with this. My dealer wanted me to drop my handling pack late last year and luckily I found my exact spec on Autotrder.

The 2024 Handling Packs on Autotrader seem way more expensive now. To me that is one piece of evidence they may not be available for 2025. I don't understand why they are having so many issues with this. My dealer wanted me to drop my handling pack late last year and luckily I found my exact spec on Autotrder.
What a shame... Without the handling pack the DH loses a lot of what makes it special. Hopefully it's just a delay.

What a shame... Without the handling pack the DH loses a lot of what makes it special. Hopefully it's just a delay.
I tend not to agree. Gurnee flap, wheels/tires and chassis tuning... To me, big deal.

I tend not to agree. Gurnee flap, wheels/tires and chassis tuning... To me, big deal.
Well I also got painted stripes. Once you get into the top end options they are never rational or "worth it." It's simply what budget you want to commit. I just wanted the best handling Mustang with the best aero. But to be honest, I haven't driven a non HP so I don't really know. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has driven both and pushed them a little.

Well I also got painted stripes. Once you get into the top end options they are never rational or "worth it." It's simply what budget you want to commit. I just wanted the best handling Mustang with the best aero. But to be honest, I haven't driven a non HP so I don't really know. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has driven both and pushed them a little.
i have the 700a non hp, and it is limitless. I do envy your painted stripes.

i have the 700a non hp, and it is limitless. I do envy your painted stripes.
I don't like writing on cars. The sticker stripes say Dark Horse and I didn't want that. But the dang painted stripes are so glossy. So glad I pushed myself to get those. Car is just incredible. Have you done or are you planning on doing the track attack in Charlotte?

I don't like writing on cars. The sticker stripes say Dark Horse and I didn't want that. But the dang painted stripes are so glossy. So glad I pushed myself to get those. Car is just incredible. Have you done or are you planning on doing the track attack in Charlotte?
I am planning on it, retire in 13 weeks so plan is to do it in 2025

It's still on their 2025 website......
1727899880587.png

This was posted on the Mustang 7G forum last week. I don’t know if your dealer is just trying to get you to buy something sooner. I bought a used DH but still have my order in and just today I got a message from the sales guy saying he has info about my order.. I will contact them tomorrow and report back

Attachments

• IMG_6545.png
    IMG_6545.png
    936.2 KB · Views: 22
This was posted on the Mustang 7G forum last week. I don’t know if your dealer is just trying to get you to buy something sooner. I bought a used DH but still have my order in and just today I got a message from the sales guy saying he has info about my order.. I will contact them tomorrow and report back
Did not see that! Wow, thank you so much. Seems like they are definitely just trying to get me to buy sooner... I've got time I can wait. Thanks again UncleTed!

Yes you’re welcome. Maybe just ask your dealer what’s really happening., HP not available at all or just not until spring. I have a buddy that’s a service mgr at a Ford store so I will ask him also..

FWIW, I spoke with the sales guy from my local dealership and they were just confirming I was still willing to wait for the car. They made no mention of the HP not being offered. Of course, they also did not mention that the HP cars would not be built until April 2025

FWIW, I spoke with the sales guy from my local dealership and they were just confirming I was still willing to wait for the car. They made no mention of the HP not being offered. Of course, they also did not mention that the HP cars would not be built until April 2025
This "April" thing happened last year also, even after the wait there were still huge delays or never built.

Hi all,

Heard this as well, after having my Dark Horse Handling Pack for quite awhile now, wish I'd just got the normal one, HP gives a less comfortable ride, Recaros take away power seating and heated/cooled seats, you scrape the car on EVERYTHING, (you'll never comfortably go over a speed bump again).
Get the Regular Dark Horse, then for less than 5K you can just do the handling pack yourself! Hell the exterior styling pack for the HP is less than a grand on Steeda's website.
Good luck brother!

Heard this as well, after having my Dark Horse Handling Pack for quite awhile now, wish I'd just got the normal one, HP gives a less comfortable ride, Recaros take away power seating and heated/cooled seats, you scrape the car on EVERYTHING, (you'll never comfortably go over a speed bump again).
Get the Regular Dark Horse, then for less than 5K you can just do the handling pack yourself! Hell the exterior styling pack for the HP is less than a grand on Steeda's website.
Good luck brother!
I am so freaking happy I did not go with the handling pack, love my seats and the car as is it is awesome.

You know you do 😈 haha, enjoy the cooled seats!
My Recaros are so tight width wise my back doesn't even touch the seat, don't know who designed these damn things... I guess BobBy Recaro or who ever 🤷‍♂️
No wonder they're on the edge of bankruptcy!

I have a 2024 with all options except carbon wheels that I am debating selling. It came in and then I experienced some health issues and have never driven it. It has 11 miles on it. If anyone knows of someone interested, leave me know. Blue Ember, HP, Recaros, painted stripes

Back